The modernization of drilling rigs is a full or partial replacement of equipment, structures or systems used on a drilling rig and may include all or some of the following works:
- modernization of the main drives through the use of modern power motors and frequency regulation;
- modernization of the main mechanisms: drawworks, mud pumps, rotor, tackle system;
- modernization of systems for cleaning and preparation of drilling mud;
- installation of the driller's cabin;
- installation of modern systems for monitoring drilling parameters;
- installation of video surveillance and public address systems.